Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock
1. I respect your thought process behind Alshon Jeffery at this point. If he shows up in good shape at the combine, I may revise, but as of this point, he is off my draft board. From what I have been able to ascertain, this guy did not get big off buffets and the award circuit, he showed up heavy for his senior season. That indicates to me rather than work hard in the gym and on the field he slacked off his senior year and thought he was the man and didn't need to do the work. If reports are true and he really is in excess of 240 and he is in the high 4.7+ 40 time then he becomes the next Mike Williams(seattle version not TB).
2. I like it. Lewis is the right size for a 3-4 OLB and should be able to make that transition. Lewis would need to work on his run defense but initially he could be a great situational pass rusher and can be groomed to be part of the OLB rotation. Great pick!
3. Not sure here. To me something just doesn't click. He was in beast mode at the Senior Bowl and was constantly in the backfield, was stopping runs, and being disruptive. He put on an absolute clinic. Yet in his 4 years at Michigan I don't recall him ever doing anything remotely like that. The Senior Bowl could be thought of as playing for contract and when it was on the line, he delivered. After he signs a contract will he revert to the solid but not dominant player at Michigan or will he continue to dominate? Too many questions here for me, so not sure.
4. Can't argue with the pick. But, I see him as an IR his first year in the league. He tore his ACL in November and had surgery at the end of November. Typically it takes around 9-10 months to recover fully. So, if that's the case, end of August-end of September would be when he is fully healed. However, by then camp is pretty much over and he wouldn't have time to work with the team. I could see him going on IR right away, fully healing, and learning the playbook. Good pick, but I think it may be a bit unrealistic to expect too much out of him next year.
5. I don't know much about him. So, I will have to defer to you here.
6. Gotta disagree here. He's a little light and didn't really do that great for Uconn. Some games he was great, others he was blown up. Struggled against your pick DT Martin. My biggest issue is his age. He turns 26 in a few days. At Uconn this 26 year old man was facing off against 20, 21, 22 year old boys and was not dominating them. As you said, he wouldn't start for a couple of years anyway, so he would be 28+ before he made a start. As a football player he is right now in his prime production years, and to be honest, I don't see a lot there. I understand its a 6th rounder, but give me someone younger with more potential.
7. Yes! I love the idea of a 7th round rb to help out Foster and Tate. Interestingly enough your guy Morris is 5'10 220. In my latest mock I had Brandon Bolden who is 5'11, 220. I would be happy with either back. Great minds certainly think a like!!!
Sig made by False Start in 2010.
Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.