Originally Posted by Doppelganger
1. Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois, 6’4. 265, 4.65
2. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor, 6’1, 335, 5.30
3. T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International, 5’10, 183, 4.41
4. Will Blackwell, G/C, LSU, 6’4, 314, 5.03
5. Marquis Maze, WR/PR/KR, Alabama, 5’10, 190, 4.44
6. Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois, 6’2, 220, 4.69
7. Brandon Bolden, RB, Ole Miss, 5’11, 220, 4.50
I always like reading the mocks you put out, and marvel at the effort that you put into them, but I am just not digging this mock.
1) I really want to stay away from Mercilus. One year wonder, and I just dont see the lateral movement out of him that the elite pass rushers have. If Mario is leaving, I would think going for Ingram or Upshaw (if available), or Curry or Perry. Or wait until a later round.
2) I like a NT, but I think you are reaching. I feel that he can be taken in the middle rounds.
3) I really like Hilton. Fast, big play receiver with return ability. Nice pick.
4) Meh here. I like going OG, but this guy never stood out to me. Also, LSU. I am not kidding when I say that I dont want any part of LSU's offense.
5) Meh. Maize without Hilton would be nice, but Maize and Hilton? I think you are just getting a lesser version of the same player- a smaller receiver with return ability and speed. I like grabbing another receiver, but I would prefer a bigger guy and a small guy with return ability.
6) I dont know anything about the guy, but I like going for a backup.
7) Hard to argue with getting a backup RB in the seventh. I have a different player in mind, but that is just personal preference.