View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Pre-Combine Verison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post

1. Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois, 64. 265, 4.65

2. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor, 61, 335, 5.30

3. T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International, 510, 183, 4.41

4. Will Blackwell, G/C, LSU, 64, 314, 5.03

5. Marquis Maze, WR/PR/KR, Alabama, 510, 190, 4.44

6. Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois, 62, 220, 4.69

7. Brandon Bolden, RB, Ole Miss, 511, 220, 4.50
I always like reading the mocks you put out, and marvel at the effort that you put into them, but I am just not digging this mock.

1) I really want to stay away from Mercilus. One year wonder, and I just dont see the lateral movement out of him that the elite pass rushers have. If Mario is leaving, I would think going for Ingram or Upshaw (if available), or Curry or Perry. Or wait until a later round.

2) I like a NT, but I think you are reaching. I feel that he can be taken in the middle rounds.

3) I really like Hilton. Fast, big play receiver with return ability. Nice pick.

4) Meh here. I like going OG, but this guy never stood out to me. Also, LSU. I am not kidding when I say that I dont want any part of LSU's offense.

5) Meh. Maize without Hilton would be nice, but Maize and Hilton? I think you are just getting a lesser version of the same player- a smaller receiver with return ability and speed. I like grabbing another receiver, but I would prefer a bigger guy and a small guy with return ability.

6) I dont know anything about the guy, but I like going for a backup.

7) Hard to argue with getting a backup RB in the seventh. I have a different player in mind, but that is just personal preference.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote