View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012   #74
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Realistically, is AJ going to the hall of fame??

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How about Charles Haley? He was the best DE on five SB winning teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Didn't Charles Haley have an ummmmm, well sorta weird pregame "ritual"? I may be thinking of someone else, but again, voters are a fickle bunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He was known for practical jokes which sometimes ran into your neck of the woods.

But seriously. Any QB with 5 rings would be a unanimous inductee even if it was Trent Dilfer doing it on the back of the Ravens defense.
Damn... I had forgotten about Haley...
Found this in his Wiki write up.
Quote:
Haley's supporters, who included the late Bill Walsh, believe his personal accomplishments, especially his record five Super Bowl rings, make him worthy of induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[citation needed] However, his history of obscene, violent, and mutinous behavior during his playing days has not helped his candidacy. He was one of the fifteen finalists in 2010 and 2011; however, he was not selected. He was inducted into the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame in 2006. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2011.
I remember him going at it with George Seifert but I don't know what they mean by "obscene" behavior.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote