View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans MOCKSTRAVAGANZA: A Look At 18 Mock Drafts From Around The Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/2/...d-the-internet

1. ESPN.com's Mel Kiper, Jr. (In$ider):
DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State University. The hairdo's draft has a run on DTs at this point, with Dontari Poe (Memphis) going to Pittsburgh at 24 and Devon Still (Penn State) going to Denver at 25. At 6-3/305, Worthy certainly fits the Phillips mold, but I remain doubtful that the Texans would take a NT with the first pick. What's that saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me every single year until I start to hate myself, shame on me"? Something like that.

Overall, Kiper has Worthy as the fifth DT off the board in the first round, with Michael Brockers (LSU) going 8th to Carolina and Fletcher Cox (Mississippi State) 15th to Philadelphia.

Choice quote: "He has a really good burst for his size, allowing him to penetrate and be really disruptive against both the run and the pass."
To keep our front 7 progressing, I think we need to add one more dynamic player to the front 7... Whether that be Mario on the outside, or a beast in the middle, it would keep OLs from being able to focus on JjWatt & Barwin.

So, I'm good with this pick, if Mario leaves for greener pastures.

Oh, & I do like Cody.. & Mitchell. But I don't think either can be described as dynamic.