View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012   #7
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Pre-Combine Verison

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
do you feel Whitney Mercilus is a pure 3-4 OLB?

Where do you rate Jean-Baptiste @ NT position in draft?

Hilton is intriquing, what do his receivng numbers look like?

Could see OG in 4th rd. should be starter material though if Texans cannot resign Brisel which I think they will.

You have small WR coverd with Hilton plus return skills would like to see a big WR either way.

Like that you addressed QB but would give it higher prioity to clean house.

Like 7th rd. RB

1. I see Mercilus as a pure pass rusher. He could play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. A combination of speed and strength that reminds me of Simeon Rice. While Rice played DE, he was FAST. I see that kind of potential with him.

2. There are few NTs with speed and size. Poe is a space eater. Wade doesn't tend to go for them. Ta'amu was highly inconsistent and probably should be a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. Chapman is a quality plugger but not much of a pass rusher. NJB is a big boy who was getting into the backfield and causing a disruption. His knock is he played for Baylor, not a school with a well known D. At the moment he is a 4th/5th round grade. After he lights up the combine and possibly his proday, I think he climbs to round 2. I already have a round 2 grade on him and part of me thinks he goes BEFORE our pick in the first.

3. 72 receptions for 1,038 yards and seven touchdowns.He also returned 18 kicks for 548 yards this season with eight punts returned for 186 yards and a touchdown. Plus in a game against BCS School Louisville, Hilton put on his big boy pants and went for seven catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns. If he gets by you, you aren't catching him. 2010: 59 receptions for 848 yards and five touchdowns. 2009: 57 recptions for 632 yards with five tds.

4. I actually think the Texans will sign a FA OG to replace Briesel. Not sure who. They will then draft another young one for additional competition.

5. Yeah, thought about that, but to Maze just had too much good value. Putting him, AJ, Foster, OD, and Hilton on the field at one time will scare DCs. Each of those guys has speed, hands, and route running ability. If you let Maze or Hilton by you: its a TD, so the DCs will have to play Deep Safety. This opens the middle for OD. If you double OD, then you leave AJ open. Keep your safteys back, double up AJ, look at OD, and suddenly Foster is running out of the backfield. Too many weapons will make the team harder to play.

6. Harnish comes across as a guy Kubes would like. A 4 year starter, got better every year he played, has some speed to play the roll outs, a solid but unspectacular player. Kinda reminds me of Jake Plumber.

7. Thanks! I love the late round RBs too. This guy would be a good compliment to Foster and Tate.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote