View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tracking Texans ticket prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure if this is right but if it is Bob needed to raise the prices long ago

Average NFL Ticket Prices
4. Dallas Cowboys - $179.49
25. Houston Texans - $58.29
26. Buffalo Bills - $50.02
27. Miami Dolphins - $49.25
28. Minnesota Vikings - $46.38
29. Cincinnati Bengals - $42.31
30. Tennessee Titans - $34.78
31. Carolina Panthers - $28.20
32. San Francisco 49ers - $27.99

http://seatgeek.com/blog/nfl/average-ticket-prices-nfl
I think the operative word here is "secondary market." Since the Cowboys have a number of prime time games such as Sunday night, Monday night and Thanksgiving day, the average cost is about right. However, that amount drops significantly for season ticket holders.

Up until this year, the average cost in the secondary market for the Texans is about correct, but expect a change this upcoming year. #s 26-31 are about what I would expect on a secondary market because they aren't very good teams, therefore it would probably be extremely difficult to sell a ticket for even face value. I expect a drastic change in prices for the 49ers next year.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote