Thread: Bl Top 32
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bl Top 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I've heard that some teams view his age & maturity as an asset for QB position. That his experience is beneficial, he will be focused, more dedicated to film study, responsibility & accountability towards coaches & teammates.
But what is the plan if you draft him? What team do you see using a 1st or high 2nd on him? I think he could be a capable backup, I just don't see a team starting him immediately, or in the first 2 years. By that time he's 30, and moving on up in age. Is the plan to start him year 3?

The problem is you don't have the luxury of developing him over 4 years of a rookie contract like you do with most drafted QBs. Most draftees are younger at the end of their rookie deal than Weedon is when you draft him. It just seems like a poor investment to me and limits the team's potential to get a return on their high pick. If he was taken in the 4th or later, then no big deal, but spending a 1st or 2nd on him seems like a waste.