Thread: Bl Top 32
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bl Top 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just because another team grabs another guy doesn't mean he was a better player... i.e. I don't think the order players get drafted can be used to see how many he got "right"

This is a little different than a mock.

Though they say they draft BPA, it's always with needs in mind. Even if St Louis had the #1 pick, there's no way they'll draft Luck or RGIII. That does not mean they are not the best football players in this draft.

If, however, St. Louis drafts Michael Floyd instead of Blackmon, they are saying they believe Floyd is better for their system.... ala Heyward-Bey over Crabtree or Maclin. "We" felt Crabtree & Maclin were the better WRs before the draft, after the draft, & 3 seasons later. Heyward-Bey getting drafted first does not make him a better WR than Crabtree or Maclin, (or Harvin, Nicks, or Brit)

However, if I were to make a list such as this, I would track who comes off & when. Then when my Texans are on the clock I'd take stock of who dropped & compare my "thinking" with the FO, just to see if we're on the same page.
yep, plus it's still early. slipped some QB's in it at the end because it's a position which gets picked earlier than grade might suggest so these are the guys who I would lay money on to be successful early on, hence worth the risk. It's a grey area end of first round anyway, most don't carry first round grades or teams draft, like you say, for need over BPA so you can usually find plus value here, meaning you don't have to suck to add a starter even late in round one which I'm hopeful Texans can accomplish.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote