View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012   #40
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Peoples perception is Mario would still be a starter if resigned right? Yet Texans don't really need to do this since they have Barwin & Reed who are starting OLB's. Ingram is a more dominant pass rushing talent than Barwin or Reed, yet people say we don't need him even without Mario because they have Barwin & Reed. Kinda ironic if you ask me. In my mind we lose a starter either way, meaning both should start ahead of Barwin or Reed. That's not a knock on them either its just truth.
Reed........maybe but there's no way you can say right now that Ingram is more talented than Barwin who is producing similar if not better numbers at a higher level of competition. Add NFL experience, experience in this system, Barwin's athleticism and ethic......A big part of the defensive meltdown 2 seasons ago was losing Barwin. You make an interesting point the way you frame it but losing Barwin or Reed is losing a quality player no matter who you put in.

Like I said...MAYBE better than Reed, who did nothing but exceed any expectation placed on him. I don't believe in giving guy's chances, watching them succeed and then finding a way to get them off the field. I think that's how you divide a lockerroom and lose the respect from your players.

Quote:
Ok so we address WR. Starter for sure right? Then in the total context of upgrading positional needs (Texans need to keep adding two or three players in the off season who upgrade roseter) they remain essentialy neutral (0 gain 0 loss). Addition to finding starting caliber WR help, they will need to add quality depth to positions where they are weakest (thin) OT is one that pops into my head & we've discussed need to continue a culture of developing young QB's. These positions are somewhat easier to identify with lower cost picks long as there is excellent coaching within a dynamic system.

Best call is to resign Mario. With him out most of last season that's like adding a new (elite) starter, WR early & Free Agency. Depth core positions, development of young QB's we believe is essential.
You wanna talk about thin....do the Texans even have a backup C with Myers currently a free agent? At least OT has 2 great starters locked down and a couple young bucks in Butler and Newton. I think probably the best point that these two mocks have uncovered is the need to develop a QB. It's coming and they need to address it before it's a huge problem.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote