View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Peoples perception is Mario would still be a starter if resigned right? Yet Texans don't really need to do this since they have Barwin & Reed who are starting OLB's. Ingram is a more dominant pass rushing talent than Barwin or Reed, yet people say we don't need him even without Mario because they have Barwin & Reed. Kinda ironic if you ask me. In my mind we lose a starter either way, meaning both should start ahead of Barwin or Reed. That's not a knock on them either its just truth.

Ok so we address WR. Starter for sure right? Then in the total context of upgrading positional needs (Texans need to keep adding two or three players in the off season who upgrade roseter) they remain essentialy neutral (0 gain 0 loss). Addition to finding starting caliber WR help, they will need to add quality depth to positions where they are weakest (thin) OT is one that pops into my head & we've discussed need to continue a culture of developing young QB's. These positions are somewhat easier to identify with lower cost picks long as there is excellent coaching within a dynamic system.

Best call is to resign Mario. With him out most of last season that's like adding a new (elite) starter, WR early & Free Agency. Depth core positions, development of young QB's we believe is essential.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote