View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well you compared speed with Wright why did you not compare stats? I'm sure Avery & Smith were pretty close to Kendall's?
I don't want to compare stats because different teams build their offense differently. Even the same team may have different looks from year to year because of change in personnel. And they face different opponents.

If we were to compare stats, I could have pulled up Edwards numbers and compare it to Wright.

Edwards: 89 catches 1752 yards 20 TDs

Wright: 108 catches 1663 yards 14 TDs

Who had a better season?

Edwards 48 games
291 catches 4507 yards 43 TDs

Wright 50 games
302 catches 4004 yards 30 TDs

Who had a better collegiate career?

More important, however, were the followings:

Remember I had noted that Edwards faced more draftable DBs (based upon CBSSports top 500 for 2012 and 2013) which more or less offset the overall level of competition.

Note also that I had at least did a game breakdown (UH vs S.Miss where the Golden Eagles game-planned as not to let Edwards beat them deep.)

Did you notice the competition do the same with Wright?
Did you ever see a team put a "triple-team" (basically a zone, but with emphasis on the main receiver) on Wright like the Golden Eagles put on Edwards?

Certainly not the Cowboys from Okl. St. (lots of cover one).
I don't think I see it from the Aggies, the Sooners nor the Huskies from Washington either.

Not saying that every team planned to take Edwards off the game like So Miss did.

In general though, I must say that teams were playing a lot more cover 2 against the Cougars as opposed to the Bears (from the games I've reviewed so far - the 4 games mentioned above plus the Rice game.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote