View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I think that him saying that Robinson was on his board ahead of Hall is just scout speak after he ended up with Robinson. Hall is the better player and the Falcons knew that. Hall can even return kicks for their team if he is not a starter. I hate it when all this "we got the man we wanted all along" speak comes out after the draft. Do they want to make our pick feel wanted to something super special?
Obviously none of us actually know how their board was ranked (and frankly no one knows who the better player is either at this point), but like last year with the Rogers/Johnson debate, I could see the Texans breaking with the popular choice and having another player ranked higher. In both the Rogers/Johnson and Hall/Robinson cases the players were both gifted athletes, in the same ball park skill wise. Word was last year that the Texans were put off by Rogers' entourage. Wouldn't be surprised if they were also put off a little by Hall's MeAngelo attitude.