View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Realistically, is AJ going to the hall of fame??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I love me some AJ, but tbh he won't make it. Even if he produced 3-4 more GREAT seasons, I doubt he gets in, he would need to set all kinds of records for TD receptions to have a shot and in this offense, the one where we neglect to throw to him in the redzone, he just doesn't stand a chance. He will make the TEXANS HOF though and I am sure his number will be retired, but thats prolly it sadly.
AJ has been the dominant wr of the last half decade. Art Monk couldn't carry Andre's jock and he is a HOF'er. He only went to 3 Pro Bowls and was pretty much only a possession wr. All he did was be pretty good for a long time (has some longevity records)...he wasn't ever "dominant" and didn't make defenses change their schemes for his game like teams HAVE to defend Andre Johnson. If AJ stays healthy he is a no brainer HOF player.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote