View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Agree on Coleman, see mock 1B.

Another angle is player trade value. Yates has curb appeal as a trade target to other teams needing QB help. Where on this list would you place him?

What is his trade value to another NFL team? Heck no I don't want to trade him but there will be some calls to inquire about his services come draft day so when do they listen, a mid/early 2nd? Seems like pretty good return out of a player selected middle of the 5th rd. one year earlier. This process needs to be executed when opportunity presents itself, with fewer & fewer pressing needs Kubiak & Smith can leverage their strengths.

Texans will rate QB's value in upcoming draft just like any other position. From combine fast forward to draft I fully expect both these prospects stock to rise, it's a fluid process. Texans are probably in depth evaluations right this minute over current roster players, which should be completed along with coaching hires before the combine (maybe in early stages of a Draft Big Board construction as well).
Depending on if Rick really sees somebody he likes

Say if Josh Norman fell late 2nd/early 3rd or Josh Chapman for instance.

Would you trade Yates? I would.

Rd.1 Randle
Rd.2 Norman
Rd.2 Chapman
Rd.3 White
Rd.4 Bequette
Rd.5 Coleman

Looks pretty good to me. What do you think about this?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote