View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Well put. Harris and Carmicheal are basically rookies who got a little extra experience, not exactly a brand shiny new draft choice but it's not that far of a stretch. If KJ takes the same step forward that he took from his rookie to 2nd years, won't that be a competent level of CB play? He went from not-even-funny bad to an ok rotation player. I think the next step would be average starter.

As far as setting up Kubiak with a QB of the future.....what would you say to drafting Tannehill in the 1st? There aren't going to be any elite guys, even getting a WR like most want is probably going to be by way of reaching for one. There are a couple decent DL choices, maybe Peter Konz slips but right now that 26th pick is looking ugly, especially for a team makings gains on the depth chart.
TK, I watched almost all A&M games and Tannehill is no one I want especially @ round he will be drafted. Several Aggies were on my early radar from last season including Fuller and Judie but I was disappointed.
We are swamped with very good defensive backs and should select one only if value supercedes round. Concerning Peter Konz, we debated long on hard as he is a terrific center who should be a great OG and prob beat out Smith. I thought he would be gone top 20 but now think possible he could be there. I am slowly re-thinking my mandate of Kendall Wright who looks more like he will be gone #26. Like you I'm thinking 26 is ugly step child that we might be abe to trade down.