View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yates was prone to making mistakes in College. I'm on record, when Texans made the pick I didn't like it. Said similar thing as you, that if they felt QB was a need they should have taken a top tier prospect earlier in the draft. But Kubiak proved he can develop a young QB with some ability & overcome less desirable tendencies with good mechanics, this is key to pick. So why not clean out the bullpen (Leinart, Delhomme, Garcia) with a solid, talented & young QB trio, while saving cap room? This theme is carried foward in both mock 1A & 1B. Let's take advantage of Coach Kubiak's strength, QB development & settle QB position next 10 years. The final draft grade for Lindley is yet to be established but should come in at least on par with that of current starting Texan QB Matt Schaub drafted out of Virginia 3rd rd. 2004. Lindley is legitimate starter material to develop & eventually replace Schaub. It's a bold stroke but if you look at the numbers & play to the strength of this organization it makes a lot of sense. Ryan Lindley's numbers smash those of Schaub in College, he has a strong arm, is athletic (also baseball player) threw for 12,700 yards & 90 TD's.
Folks as Beerlover says above Lindley is starter material and should prove to be a steal in 3rd. I am high on Yates but expect Lindley to beat him out for back up. Also, our thinking as BL says is clean out the left overs and go with Schaub/ Lindley/ Yates. I fully support Schuab but we would be foolish to expect him to get better & I for one will be happy if he maintains stats from 2 seasons ago. As another poster mentioned 2012 is Matt's final contract year & Lindley & Yates will give us opportunity to see if we have to re-sign Matt to a long high $ deal. You do not want to draft 2013 QB to replace Matt. Also, trading up cost Falcons a lot to get Julio Jones, can you imagine what RG3 would take?