View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Realistically, is AJ going to the hall of fame??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Love me some AJ, but no, he's not a HOFer at this point. If Chris Carter and Tim Brown can't make it in, how will AJ?

They both have over 100 TDs. AJ barely has over 50. His reception and yardage number should be on par after a few more seasons. But his TD numbers will never catch up to HOF type numbers. He'll have to kick ass in the yardage department in order to make it in, imo.

I'm in no way blaming AJ for the lack of TD production. We all know what he's had to deal with in his career
My thoughts, as well.

My heart says yes, but my mind says no. The HoF voters are clearly biased against WRs right now, and that trend will only continue as the NFL has changed rules to become a pass happy league. And if Chris Carter / Tim Brown are not in with their careers achieved before these pass-friendly revisions, I just don't see the voters giving AJ a pass.

And by the time AJ retires and waits his 5 years, there will most likely be a bottle-neck of WRs waiting to get in.

I hate to say it, but unless the HoF voters feel sorry for H-town (which is doubtful), I think AJ will have to wait a very long time to be inducted.