View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Well put. Harris and Carmicheal are basically rookies who got a little extra experience, not exactly a brand shiny new draft choice but it's not that far of a stretch. If KJ takes the same step forward that he took from his rookie to 2nd years, won't that be a competent level of CB play? He went from not-even-funny bad to an ok rotation player. I think the next step would be average starter.

As far as setting up Kubiak with a QB of the future.....what would you say to drafting Tannehill in the 1st? There aren't going to be any elite guys, even getting a WR like most want is probably going to be by way of reaching for one. There are a couple decent DL choices, maybe Peter Konz slips but right now that 26th pick is looking ugly, especially for a team makings gains on the depth chart.
I dont think KJ will improve. (Lack of awareness) They need to move on from KJ.

In this scenario trading up for one of the top WR's would be they way to go.

If Tannehill falls I would hope that a team like Seattle would give up their 2nd/3rd rd picks to move up and take Tannehill. If that didn't materialize I would have no problem with the Gary taking Tannehill. I'm not as optimistic about Schaub making it back to 100%. Lisfranc is usually a career killer.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 02-07-2012 at 10:28 PM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote