View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012   #31
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I have high hopes for Roc Carmichael, actually had a 3rd grade for him last year. Too bad he was lost for season in training camp, I expect him to bounce back & make an impact this upcoming season. Brice McCain has turned into an outstanding nickle CB. His short area speed & ability to play the pass has kept 2nd rd. pick Brandon Harris on the sidelines. Of course Jonathan Joseph was one of the best free agent acquisitions in the league last year, proving he is elite @ his position. KJ is a work in progress who shows signs of improvement in ball recognition & body position & has plus physical size. Glover Quin had an outstanding rookie year playing SS I thought & Daniel Manning is excellent run defender & FS over the top. A whole bunch of young talent waiting in the wings to get their reps as well, including Troy Nolan, Sherrick McManis, Quinton Demps, Shilo Keo & Torri Williams stashed on practice squad. That's assuming Texans will not resign Jason Allen or Dominque Barber? I just don't share the same sense of urgency to address DB in the 2012 draft, doesn't mean I'm right, just a feeling.
Well put. Harris and Carmicheal are basically rookies who got a little extra experience, not exactly a brand shiny new draft choice but it's not that far of a stretch. If KJ takes the same step forward that he took from his rookie to 2nd years, won't that be a competent level of CB play? He went from not-even-funny bad to an ok rotation player. I think the next step would be average starter.

As far as setting up Kubiak with a QB of the future.....what would you say to drafting Tannehill in the 1st? There aren't going to be any elite guys, even getting a WR like most want is probably going to be by way of reaching for one. There are a couple decent DL choices, maybe Peter Konz slips but right now that 26th pick is looking ugly, especially for a team makings gains on the depth chart.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote