View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
The one we have staffed with 2 starting caliber players.
Can't speak to my draft partners opinion on this but I'm not a big fan of Schaub. His lack of athletic ability kills me. He's also a free agent in 2013. Matt was acquired via trade & Yates the draft. Free agency has been disappointing to me as well. The best route to address QB position is to draft smart & develop talent that fits mold of system, as long as Kubiak is here. Guess we'll agree to disagree, obviously I respect your opinion especially when it comes to the draft.

I have high hopes for Roc Carmichael, actually had a 3rd grade for him last year. Too bad he was lost for season in training camp, I expect him to bounce back & make an impact this upcoming season. Brice McCain has turned into an outstanding nickle CB. His short area speed & ability to play the pass has kept 2nd rd. pick Brandon Harris on the sidelines. Of course Jonathan Joseph was one of the best free agent acquisitions in the league last year, proving he is elite @ his position. KJ is a work in progress who shows signs of improvement in ball recognition & body position & has plus physical size. Glover Quin had an outstanding rookie year playing SS I thought & Daniel Manning is excellent run defender & FS over the top. A whole bunch of young talent waiting in the wings to get their reps as well, including Troy Nolan, Sherrick McManis, Quinton Demps, Shilo Keo & Torri Williams stashed on practice squad. That's assuming Texans will not resign Jason Allen or Dominque Barber? I just don't share the same sense of urgency to address DB in the 2012 draft, doesn't mean I'm right, just a feeling.

If we did target a CB it would have to early to make this roster. In the first really the only one around the #26 spot would be Janoris Jenkins, but question how Texans would factor in character aspect. 2nd rd. like Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina. Actually we discussed placing him in one or the other mock draft, because he possess starter talent, but then again there is some off field issues. As mentioned my favorite considered is in the Lindley tape from LA, Lafayette, Dwight Bentley. He is almost a carbon copy of Roc Carmichael, aggressive little corner who doesn't back away from a fight, has no off field issue that I know of either.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote