View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yates was prone to making mistakes in College. I'm on record, when Texans made the pick I didn't like it. Said similar thing as you, that if they felt QB was a need they should have taken a top tier prospect earlier in the draft. But Kubiak proved he can develop a young QB with some ability & overcome less desirable tendencies with good mechanics, this is key to pick. So why not clean out the bullpen (Leinart, Delhomme, Garcia) with a solid, talented & young QB trio, while saving cap room? This theme is carried foward in both mock 1A & 1B. Let's take advantage of Coach Kubiak's strength, QB development & settle QB position next 10 years. The final draft grade for Lindley is yet to be established but should come in at least on par with that of current starting Texan QB Matt Schaub drafted out of Virginia 3rd rd. 2004. Lindley is legitimate starter material to develop & eventually replace Schaub. It's a bold stroke but if you look at the numbers & play to the strength of this organization it makes a lot of sense. Ryan Lindley's numbers smash those of Schaub in College, he has a strong arm, is athletic (also baseball player) threw for 12,700 yards & 90 TD's.
I hear you BL, but I can't get past the fact that we'd essentially be spending a third round pick on a third string QB.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote