View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
It changes protection schemes, which side becomes the primary target, rollouts, ball spin (I heard Jerry Rice demanded that the practice QBs be the same handed as the starter), etc. But I do trust that the FO knows best here. And I do respect your opinion immensely.

If you liked Pead, then what was your problem with the 5th rounder? BL sold us on the guy, maybe he can do the same for the board.
I don't have a problem with the player really...And honestly it's just me nitpicking...If the draft went down exaclty how this one did I wouldn't complain...Hell, I don't do a lot of complaining about any of the Texans drafts as I am just excited about the new players...

But the QB in the third round is what threw it off for me...

For a rookie thrown into the fire like he was I thought Yates did a pretty good job. He was the Texans first ever play-off QB. He has more play-off experience than any QB we've ever had.

Unless we can get a top tier QB like RGIII somehow I'd like to concentrate on grooming Yates. He's mobile, has a good arm and while he showed some poor decision making as far as his throws go, he was going against some pretty good defenses in the play-offs. The experience he got this year was invaluable. A lot of people don't want to see Yates play next year (and as long as Schaub is healthy I don't either), but I don't dread the prospect of seeing him take snaps...

I'm all for picking up a Case Keenum if he's an UDFA and bringing him in, but I'd rather use that third round pick on a RB/LB or another WR and the same for that fifth round pick.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote