View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #12
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

I really like this mock - adresses basically every need, gets us one or two immediate starters and some potential later on.

Im not sure Id go QB in the 3d. Yeah, Schaub will be a RFA, and yes, TJ is still a project. But really, the only way we should draft a QB high right now is, if we don`t believe in TJ and think this guy could carry the franchise.

At the same time we have other issues (a guard would really help, perhaps a C since Myers will be a FA, how about some safety help? Or some more depth at ILB) that we might adress here and maybe even get another starter out of the 3d round. So as much as I like drafting for the future and for all eventuallities, I`d go full win now mode here - especially if we keep Mario.

As for a QB - wait this season out. Let`s see what Schaubs got left in him and if we want to extend his contract - and let`s see (at least in practice) how TJ ist maturing. If we are not confident in our QB situation then, we might as well go QB in the 1st or 2nd in next years draft.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote