View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I disagree with the southpaw thing. I think it changes some things, but not a whole, whole lot.

In the third round I'd rather get a guy that has a better chance of contributing this season either on special teams or in a set package.

Yes, we had unfortunate injuries at QB this year, but that is not the norm. We shouldn't plan on it being like that every year. Plus, I like Yates. If we are going to go QB I'd rather go after one of the top tier ones. Make a serious move up for RGIII...Otherwise I'd rather see a guy like Pead in the third that can return kicks and get some snaps as a running back. RB is the roughest position to play. Arian was banged up this year, Tate was out all of last year.

I'd rather invest a third on a RB/returner this year rather than QB.

I'm hoping for Pead all the way in that third round.

JMO....No offense to you guys, I appreciate the time you guys take.
It changes protection schemes, which side becomes the primary target, rollouts, ball spin (I heard Jerry Rice demanded that the practice QBs be the same handed as the starter), etc. But I do trust that the FO knows best here. And I do respect your opinion immensely.

If you liked Pead, then what was your problem with the 5th rounder? BL sold us on the guy, maybe he can do the same for the board.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote