View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: First Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We have changed defense and types of DBs we have used. We have suffered thru "big" WRs and big, older vets with little success.
Are you sure about that?

I know from the armchair we feel that way, but with the money they spent on KDub & Walter, then bringing in big body guys like Bryant & Mason.... I think the Texans still like the big body WRs.

I spent yesterday.... most of it, watching our early games. Miami, Pittsburgh, Cleveland... Andre, KDub, & Jj are monster blockers downfield.... yes, Jj I think I saw Jj knock 3 Dbs on their butts to get Arian/Tate into the endzone in those three games alone.

production wise, we want to see more big plays.... bigger numbers. But the more I look at this offense, I don't know that it's a talent issue more-so than a philosophy issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think WRs like Jordan White, Broyles and Wright play tall and have great stats. They can take huge hits, hold the ball and keep on playing. Sure if all things are close to equal I'd take a 6'2 215-225 4.55 guy over 5'10" 4.49 guy. But with these 3, thngs are not equal. I have watched Wright's every games this season and he is the bomb.
I like your thinking. But as I've said before, the bottle neck in the passing game isn't because of our talent at WR. Matt Schaub isn't going to become Eli Manning with smaller, faster WRs.