View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
1B. (Without Mario)
Version 1B without Mario means Texans focus on other free agents, including Foster. Ingram grades out similar to Wright but Criner/Jones will grade out higher than Wolfe who provides depth & value.

1st Round: Melvin Ingram, OLB, 6016 278, South Carolina
Tweener DE/OLB (reason we can mock him as still on the board) exactly type of player Wade Phillips covets. In the event that Mario leaves, pass rush becomes a problem. Yes, we understand that Reed filled in admirably. But a good D in today’s NFL is predicated upon a vicious pass rush. One that forces the QB to throw too quickly, forces the offense in to 2nd and long, 3rd and long situations. And without Mario, we are one injury away from starting Braman. While I think Braman has potential, I don’t want to be reliant on him just yet. Ingram is a stud, and probably the purest pass rusher available in the draft. A sudden player with excellent lateral movement, quick hands, a good first step and a knack for the big play (multiple TDs this year), Ingram projects to be a double digit sack kind of guy at the next level.

Not that I want to turn this into another MW thread, but I want to say I agree 100%. No Mario, Outside pass rush becomes priority 1... otherwise, you have Brooks Reed & Connor Barwin playing 90 snaps a game like MW did, which (I think) led to the nagging injuries. We need a vicious (I like that word) rotation. That's the only way you're going to consistently get pressure on the QB in this pass happy league.