View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #60
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I was checking around for footages and news of Patrick Edwards from the Sr. Bowl pracitce and come up with the following.

Edwards managed to beat several CB prospects on the rise (including Janoris Jenkins - Fla/N.Alabama, Brandon Boykins - Ga, - Casey Hayward - Vandy, and Dwight Bently - La Lafayette).

The following footages did not show when Edwards beat Jenkins; they only show the other 3 prospects. But I read that Edwards beat several CBs. He did have a couple of drops on the first day of practice (after he had beaten the CBs) but overall for the 3 days he made some "impressive catches".
Too bad, he pulled a hamstring and didn't play in the Senior Bowl.

He will be at the combine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxQk...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ame-...eature=related

Edwards was in red UH uni #83
Unofficially, Wright (Baylor) is .02 faster in the 40 (which hardly means anything).

I went through the CBSSports top 500 list for the 2012 and 2013 drafts and the schedules for UH and Baylor.

Edwards actually faced more DB prospects and future prospects than Wright.
76Texan, thanks for info. I was too thinking about size and speed of WR. However, we maybe caught up and paying attention to speed portion too much. I think, WR who is already gifted with size and know how to utilize his size to advantage such as physical strength, maneuverability, leaping ability should be enough to separate himself to the opponents. Brandon Marshall clocked low 4.5 if I recall correctly. Of course, speed is definite advantage however, it also can be misread if we heavily focus on speed as most passing play is done no more than 30 yds (not include yds after catch but purely passing yds). So, what makes great WRs to separate their selves from opponents? This is where I think physical mismatch comes into play and whomever utilize his gifted size advantage may have better chance to success in the NFL. So I think, 4.4- 4.5 guys are decent enough for us to take a good look. Obviously, I ain't no expert so I don't exactly know how to evaluate player but things like Burst, Quickness, Leaping, Hands, Route, Physical strength also needed to be consider. I am so hooked on WR position like many of the fans here and more I think about the position more confused I get.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote