View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
After watching Super Bowl, I want two WRs with size from draft.
After watching the SB (and almost every single Pats game) I see that Kareem Jackson ahead of McCourty was, is, and will remain the correct call.

The Pats have been playing McCourty more and more at safety.
And they play a lot of cover 2 no matter who is at CB.
It makes the job harder for the front players when they can't bring a safety down to help either the running game or pressuring the QB or playing the TE close to the vest.

In our case, we're OK at CBs for now.

Yeah, I like for us to have a big receiver who can take the hit over the middle.
He should have decent speed to take advantage of certain situation.
I'd like to see more of Lester Jean to see whether his conditioning program was able to help him maintain a little balance of both.

If he can be used in situational situation (goal line, 3rd down) then we may be able to just go with a speedster that doesn't have the size.
I'm just not sure how high in the pecking order should we draft such a guy.

(I'm not sure that Wright qualifies as a true speedster.
I might compare him with Patrick Edwards later - and right now Edwards is flying very low under the radar; some even has him as an UDFA.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote