View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Best Trade-Back Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think you're selling yourself short here TK. The Skins should give up a 2nd and 3rd at a premium to move back into the 1st to get a QB. Chances are they will be in a bidding war if that's who they are moving up for and the team moving back should get more 'value' out of the trade. It's not uncommon at all for a 2nd and 3rd to be turned into a late 1st. I'm pretty sure the Packers gave up that to get Clay Matthews.
According to that chart their 2nd is 520 and their 3rd is 240, so I think it would probably be necessary to have another team upping the ante to get that kind of value. If they could get the 2nd AND 3rd my whole strategy would change. Maybe they could double up on WR early, get Sanu and Brian Quick or Dwight Jones then grab some 3rd round line depth. Zeitler may still be available by that 3a pick but Ryan Miller is another good choice. Maybe Alameda Ta'amu is available. That would be pretty awesome.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote