View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

I'm not real high on Blackmon... yet.

He's not on the same level as AJ Green.

I saw him drop 3 passes in two games (A&M and Baylor).
On another play, he made a good move in the red zone to beat the receiver on a quick-out route, but then fumbled the ball on the way to the end zone (resulting in a touch-back as the ball went into the end zone.)
He also caught two TD passes with only one foot in bound.

Dude got tools but he still needs to work on his trade.
I'm not sure I would take him over Julio Jones (I have to watch more of his games first.)

And again, I watched more of Wright (against OK. St. and Wash) and I wasn't overly impressed.
He's a great college slot receiver that benefited from going mostly against 3rd, 4th corners in the Big Twelve (and often, spotty college safety help).
I'm hesitant to draft him in the first two rounds.
(Again, I want to take a closer look at him before I have a final conclusion).

BTW, Ta-'amu (Wash) looked a little better than Nicolas Jean-Baptist (Baylor) but neither was any factor in a high-scoring game like the Valero Bowl.
The concern I have regarding Ta'amu is that why they didn't even play him in half of the short-yardage situations that they (Washington) faced.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote