View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Post 2012 Senior Bowl Mock Draft

[quote=thunderkyss;1894614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Unless we're talking elite talent..... depending on the draft, I think that's top 10-15 players.... a 1st rounder should not "expect" to start unless he's going to a bad team.. picking 20 or so, he's probably not going to a bad team.

With no Mario, Brooks Reed will start opposite Connor. The new kid will be able to rotate in & build up his stamina.
case in point, Jason Pierre-Paul. in fact I had to look this up, did not have one start in 2010 his rookie year. didn't have his first sack (2) until week 12, ending with 4.5. Year two he started 12 games, escalating his sack total up to 16.5. a work in progress, yes but worth the investment? most defiantly. now let me ask this question again, would we as Texan fans, not be happy with similar production out of our #1 pick? Combined with core group of outstanding young players, one can imagine it bodes well for future success.

It's impossible until Draft Day, when Texans selection is called to project who the best player available will be. It's much easier to say what the biggest needs are & that those have to be addressed early or at least often, but I think this mock accomplishes that, WR Juron Criner will compete for starting minutes with his experience, size, intelligence & playmaker ability. Josh Norman fills Jason Allen shoes in CB rotation, he has starting corner ability & is a ballhawk with elite size. Isaiah Pead would be Texan new returner, offers exceptional value providing RB depth. Levy Adcock is the kind of OT/LG prospect Texans covet. Akiem Hicks is a low risk, high reward big inside body to bolster the DL. David Paulson is a red zone target, special teams demon & the all around complete TE you normally find in Wisconsin Tight Ends.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 02-04-2012 at 11:51 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote