View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Post 2012 Senior Bowl Mock Draft

[quote=TimeKiller;1894279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

If he won't start and there are other players who will.......that's a wasted pick to me. I'd even rather see a CB than another LBer. And if he did start that would completely undermine the success of Barwin/Reed and derails any chance at them improving. Seen a few highlights of Curry, he's a gifted athlete, no doubt but practically any other position would be better served with a #1 pick.

Criner, admittedly I haven't done much research but I think that's because I'm still picking up on guys who will be available even in the 2nd who are better prospects. IMO that would make 2 big reaches in a row.

Speaking of starting not one other pick stands the remote possibility of starting, even in the case of injury they would likely be down the line. The RB for instance. The CB is only a good pick if KJ, Harris, McCain, Carmichael AND McMannis all flop out. The TE may never even get a locker. The OT is 5th at best on the depth chart behind Brown, Winston, Newton and Butler. Just not my favorite beerlover effort.
There will not be a corner at #26 or later that will start for us. Keep in mind that Brandon Harris was considered a first round by some & Smith traded back up into 2nd to pick him. He has seen little action. If you prefer a CB over a LB, cool.