View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Best Trade-Back Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I can see us trading back with Seattle so they can take Tannehill. People will expect NE to trade back their last pick, and it would be easy for NE to take Washingtons picks which are more valuable. So I can imagine Seattle trying to jump in before NE's pick to take Tannehill.
Yeah, I did this totally disregarding plausibility so....lol....it was mainly to illustrate a couple of things:
1- Moving out of the first would help save the cap, this year but also moving forward. Mario and Foster are the big topics this year but that doesn't mean next year won't have a couple big decisions too!
2- At the end of the 1st you're not getting one of the year's elite prospects and since WR happens to be our big need AND it's a class chock full of good looking WR prospects....move back and grab a few of them.
3- Everyone loves a good trade back and the only other time the Texans went with an offensive player 1st was Duane Brown, who they dropped down to get.

Quote:
Really like the first 4 picks though, I might take Joe Adams in the second WR spot as that's one player the Texans have talked to
Haven't done proper reading on him yet but I actually started my trade back scenario going 2a- Sanu / 2b- D. Jones, grabbing 2 of the big WR prospects first but with a guy like Zeitler hanging around and the WR class going so deep it would be a bit of a wasted pick. Definitely could see them grabbing 2 and maybe even 3 WRs this go-round.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote