Originally Posted by rmartin65
Nice! Your first 3 picks are money, and the others are definitely not slouches.
1) Curry- dude has pass rush stud written all over him. Has the athleticism and the football sense to make an impact right away.
2) Criner- I have a hard time pegging Criner. I want to like him, but I think he gets overrated at times. However, the size is there, the talent is there, so if he can just stay on the field, he is worth a 2nd round pick. I would like Texans to take a chance on a big red zone target, so I like this pick a lot.
3) Norman is undoubtedly one of the biggest winners of the all star game circuit. The guy has great size and athleticism, just needs a little polishing. While corner may not be a need for the Texans any more, you dont pass on talent.
4) Pead.. I just dont like him. I like the idea of a backup running back, and I like the idea of a returner, but I just dont like him. He has speed, but I dont see him creating- I see the line opening a lot of holes.
5) I dont know a lot about Adock, but you are money with lineman. Nice pick.
6) Hicks worries me, but a developmental NT this late is a good idea. Hicks could be special, but he was a nobody before a couple weeks ago.
7) I like the Paulson pick. Solid player, fits the Texans' mold of TEs.
Thanks for your positive feedback, to reassure you regarding Pead & Hicks (not in our upcoming mock) I'll just say the following:
4) Pead..I just couldn't resist a positive
game changing return guy in 4th rd. & special teams is a point of concern.
6) at least I'm not spending a 1st on a guy we haven't seen who isn't anymore raw that can still move up-field & penetrate the pocket. I think his off field issues can be addressed, contract restrictions, value is off the chart. Plus Texans need someone with an edge who can push Cody island.