View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 41516 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Post 2012 Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Nice! Your first 3 picks are money, and the others are definitely not slouches.

1) Curry- dude has pass rush stud written all over him. Has the athleticism and the football sense to make an impact right away.

2) Criner- I have a hard time pegging Criner. I want to like him, but I think he gets overrated at times. However, the size is there, the talent is there, so if he can just stay on the field, he is worth a 2nd round pick. I would like Texans to take a chance on a big red zone target, so I like this pick a lot.

3) Norman is undoubtedly one of the biggest winners of the all star game circuit. The guy has great size and athleticism, just needs a little polishing. While corner may not be a need for the Texans any more, you dont pass on talent.

4) Pead.. I just dont like him. I like the idea of a backup running back, and I like the idea of a returner, but I just dont like him. He has speed, but I dont see him creating- I see the line opening a lot of holes.

5) I dont know a lot about Adock, but you are money with lineman. Nice pick.

6) Hicks worries me, but a developmental NT this late is a good idea. Hicks could be special, but he was a nobody before a couple weeks ago.

7) I like the Paulson pick. Solid player, fits the Texans' mold of TEs.
Thanks for your positive feedback, to reassure you regarding Pead & Hicks (not in our upcoming mock) I'll just say the following:

4) Pead..I just couldn't resist a positive game changing return guy in 4th rd. & special teams is a point of concern.
6) at least I'm not spending a 1st on a guy we haven't seen who isn't anymore raw that can still move up-field & penetrate the pocket. I think his off field issues can be addressed, contract restrictions, value is off the chart. Plus Texans need someone with an edge who can push Cody island.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote