Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -
I had to modify my mock after the Senior Bowl Week, some of my guys did poorly and fell and others did well and might not be available in the rounds I had them in.
1. Mohamed Sanu-WR from Rutgers, height, strength, speed, hands, good routes, athletic, etc... this guy's got it all. Obvious pick.
2. Kevin Zeitler-OG from Wisconsin, very strong, anchors well, decent quickness, and great size for the position. Can be our new starter at RG or LG.
3. Sylvester Williams-NT from UNC, good size, quickness, and athleticism for the position. He's a juniour and may be a little raw but should work well in a rotation with Cody. We can now move Mitchell to DE depth where his size dictates. If we can work out a trade like last year to get an extra 2nd round pick then I'll take Josh Chapman-NT from Alabama in the 2nd, even with the ACL surgery, but until that happens it's Williams in the 3rd.
4. A.J. Jenkins-WR from Illinois, decent size but not huge, good speed and athleticism, good hands, and runs good routes. Very good college production last season.
5. Mitchell Schwartz-OT from Cal, 4 yr. starter at OT 2 on each end of the O-line. I read he had a good Senior Bowl Week so he may move up the draft and this pick may take some luck in the 5th. Swing tackle/utility lineman, good depth.
6. Chris Galippo-ILB from USC, good size for the position and from LB University. He's a little slow but at ILB he shouldn't need to be real fast. Good depth behind Ryans. Better size than Sharpton and cheaper than Dobbins.
7. Sean Cattouse-SS from Cal, good size for the SS position, and only average speed. He's had average college production but should add some training camp competition. Hopefully make Barber and Keo expendable and is a backup to Quin.
Chad Diehl-FB from Clemson, some people have him being drafted but he only does one thing and that's lead block, very rarely catches a pass or runs with the ball. He's a battering ram.
Kyle Martens-P from Rice, good length and directional Punting with LB size. I like Hartmann but don't know what an ACL injury does to Punters.