View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Position Specific Mocks

With the chance of Mario walking in Free Agency I thought I'd take a crack at OLB, since we'll need to find someone if he goes.

Round 1: Whitney Mercilus, earlier rated as a mid round prospect but has fallen down draft boards recently, not because of anything he has done, but because other have shot up their own stock (Coples for example) I personally have him rated as the #3 3/4 OLB in the draft Behind Upshaw and Coples, ahead of Melvin Ingram and Nick Perry who will both likely go before him. Has a knack for causing fumbles when he sacks the QB.

Round 2: Chase Thomas, I considered Andre Branch here, but I think his stock will rise to early 2nd after the combine. Chase Thomas would become excellent depth at OLB, and could come in and challenge Brooks Reed for his spot (and that's saying alot). Like Mercilus Whitney, Thomas has a knack for forcing fumbles when he gets to QB's.

Round 3: Shea McClellin, I would enjoy this pick for no other reason than to see his name get misspelled on the forums for years. As with Mercilus Whitney, Shea McClellin has a high chance of falling solely because of other players rising. I grade him as an late 2nd early 3rd rounder, but the OLB draft class is stacked this season, combined with the stacked WR class and DT class has Shea falling down to late 3rd early 4th. He might have to gain some weight to play OLB. Dude has BIG hands as well 10 1/8 inches. Can tip some passes and will be a factor in special teams, as well as a good rotational player along with Braman

Rounds 4 and: Cordarro Law or Mychal Kendricks. I'm listing two guys here because I feel they are the last 2 players OLBs in the draft that can come in and be excellent depth behind Barwin and Reed. Law has potential to jump into the late 3rd if he has an excellent combine, which I believe he has the athletic ability to do. However strictly talent wise I have him with a 4th round grade, where as Mychal Kendricks sack production dropped off from the previous season (from 8.5 to 3) but can drop into coverage fairly well and has great speed off the edge, He might drop to mid-round 5. Miles Burris is my 3rd choice here for his consistent play these past 2 seasons but will need time to develope his body into the prototypical 3/4 OLB

Round 5: Adrian Robinson, This is my sleeper prospect in the draft, someone will select him and be suprised. Situational pass rusher that will need alot of coaching to not be a liability in the run game.

Round 6 and 7: Darius Nall, I'm cheating, I don't know enough late round guys who will fall to the 7th besides Nall. I actually think Nall could improve his stock to be a late 5th at the combine. Most likely be a practice squad guy untill needed. Could challange Braman for his spot I guess