View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
well then, what is your opinion of Duane Brown?
I think Duane Brown is super. I liked the pick when it was made in 2008 because E. Salaam was servicable but not a long term solution. I recall some saying we "reached" and we could have gotten him in the 2nd rd or that he would be a "project". I liked the pick then because it met a need.

But that's not the point of discussion. Our discussion is, having a choice between a stud LT or a stud WR, which do you snag. Given the talent at WR and the lack of stud LTs, in this draft, what should St. Louis do?

It took five years after picking A.J. to find a stud LT to protect our QB's blindside. My thing is that Bradford was #1 overall pick. I think it's wise to protect that investment by building a stud O-line to protect him. We went for the stud WR and saw our #1 overall pick QB destroyed - and we became the laughing stock of the NFL - due to not building a superior O-line.

And in this draft, there are way more very good WRs than there are LTs. If I were running the Rams' draft, I'd go Kalil in the 1st rd and the best WR left on the board with my 2nd pick - which could be someone like Alshon Jeffery; not a bad consolation prize.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote