View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What is a bigger need on this team... NT or WR? Every team that says they don't draft for need and draft for BAP is full of crap (unless you're in the top 5 and have a "franchise player" staring you in the face). Everybody drafts for needs and Houston will most likely do the same. WR is going to be the 1st round pick here. The Texans had a top notch defense and a top notch unit against the run with Shaun Cody at NT... although it's something that needs to be addressed, it isn't a glaring need for them and I think the fans have made it more of a need than the team actually feels that it is.
If Kendall Wright is @#26 he would be my pick but I am concerned he will not be. For me, no other first round WR exists. So either we reach way down into second & draft WR @ #26 or we get another need position in first and get the best WR we can #58. Dwight Jones is no Wright but he is pretty good.

My mocks are based on the belief that there is only one position that a draft pick should start game one 2012 & that is WR2. Others can disagree. Then we need a NT, OG (at least one that preferably can also play center as Caldwell was supposed to do), another WR and maybe a DE/DT Watt look alike (Derek Wolfe).