View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yes, but your forgetting a couple things. One, Texans OL is no longer holy like Swiss cheese. Two, there is a huge hole @ WR after Andre Johnson & this applies to any other team as well.
Let me be more clear on my point.

I think that St. Louis would be better served bolstering their O-line by drafting Kalil as opposed to going for the stud WR in Justin Blackmon.

I used the pre-Schaub Texans as an example for when we had a stud WR in A.J. but couldn't keep D.C. upright long enough to consistently and effectively get him the ball.
AND a stud OT cannot help but improve things for their workhorse RB, Stephen Jackson.

Regarding our draft strategy, there's no question that getting a stud WR (or two - the 2nd one to return punts) should be tops on our shopping list. We're pretty much drafting for quality depth everywhere else.

That's all I'm saying. Sorry for any confusion.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote