View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012   #21
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 326593 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yes, but your forgetting a couple things. One, Texans OL is no longer holy like Swiss cheese. Two, there is a huge hole @ WR after Andre Johnson & this applies to any other team as well.
Let me be more clear on my point.

I think that St. Louis would be better served bolstering their O-line by drafting Kalil as opposed to going for the stud WR in Justin Blackmon.

I used the pre-Schaub Texans as an example for when we had a stud WR in A.J. but couldn't keep D.C. upright long enough to consistently and effectively get him the ball.
AND a stud OT cannot help but improve things for their workhorse RB, Stephen Jackson.

Regarding our draft strategy, there's no question that getting a stud WR (or two - the 2nd one to return punts) should be tops on our shopping list. We're pretty much drafting for quality depth everywhere else.

That's all I'm saying. Sorry for any confusion.