View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Mock Draft

I think Sanu has the potential to develop into a #1. I don't see that with Wright. Sanu could be your long-term replacement for Andre, who is getting older and only has maybe 3-4 more years left as an elite WR. I like Wright, but I think Sanu's ceiling is unlimited.

In the 2nd I chose Thompson because that addressed the D-Line need and you can move Mitchell to DE. I would definitely go O-Line in the 1st 2 rounds if we don't re-sign both Myers and Brisiel.

I don't really think we need to replace Allen with another player, I think it's time for Kareem to step up and not have to be platooned. Good Nickel CB in McCain and you have a guy like Harris who needs to step up and compete for playing time. I like Fletcher competing at the position, but long-term see him as a Safety. I like Reyes, but adding Thompson nullifies that. Take a G in the 2nd and I'd consider Reyes or Mike Martin in the 3rd.

If you take Adams in the 4th that only makes me more certain of Sanu in the 1st. I would like to address O-Line here though. If you watch Molk's film the guy makes unreal blocks in that ZBS scheme. He's stronger than people give him credit and while he's not as imposing as some other guys, I think he's more talented. Myers isn't exactly imposing either.

McCoy was basically a reach pick. One of the better return guys in the draft and I'm in the dump Jacoby Jones camp. If you take Wright or Adams this is not a need pick. As for Rainey, he'll probably move up boards after the combine but he's going to have to beat the mantra that he's just a track guy.

Jones was just a guess. Not many O-Lineman available this late. I think you take a flyer on a small school guy here or grab someone who fell.

Appreciate the comments.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote