View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guys that would look good in a TEXAN uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A lot... I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I HATE signing bonuses. They really tie up the GM's hands. Meco got 6 yr(s) / $48,000,000, 7.5 mill signing bonus and 21.75 gtd. We paid him about 14 million so far, so he still has at least 6 mill gtd + the signing bonus money of 1.25 mill per year for the remainder of the contract. If we trade Demeco, we still have to pick up the remainder of that signing bonus, which is 5 mill. If we cut him, we have to pay him more than that. So moving him is unlikely to happen for at least another year. I think next off season he can be cut outright with only the 3.75 mill signing bonus to count against the cap. If he plays this year like he did last year, I expect him to be moved or restructured, cause he didn't play anywhere near what an 8 million dollar linebacker should.

I know we're getting off the subject here but I agree completely with that last sentence.

2 guys that I'd add to that list by Mussop are Tommy Streeter-WR and A.J. Jenkins-WR both of those guys would be good 3rd round or later picks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote