View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guys that would look good in a TEXAN uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Wow I can only imagine the carnage of having both Burfict and Cushing together at ILB, RB's would never run up the middle for fear of being eaten. How much guaranteed money do we still owe to Ryans?
A lot... I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I HATE signing bonuses. They really tie up the GM's hands. Meco got 6 yr(s) / $48,000,000, 7.5 mill signing bonus and 21.75 gtd. We paid him about 14 million so far, so he still has at least 6 mill gtd + the signing bonus money of 1.25 mill per year for the remainder of the contract. If we trade Demeco, we still have to pick up the remainder of that signing bonus, which is 5 mill. If we cut him, we have to pay him more than that. So moving him is unlikely to happen for at least another year. I think next off season he can be cut outright with only the 3.75 mill signing bonus to count against the cap. If he plays this year like he did last year, I expect him to be moved or restructured, cause he didn't play anywhere near what an 8 million dollar linebacker should.