View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Texans Meet With Prospect ______, 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanknights2002 View Post
Here's a video on Marvin Jones. Look at the catch he makes at 59 sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boy0tkwcv-A
Except for a few of his "spectacular" catches, he doesn't reach out to catch the ball very often, mostly letting them hit inside his body. Do coaches still teach the Diamond technique to receiver or what. I haven't seen anyone really use it at the pro level.

For those that don't know, the Diamond Technique is a way to easily catch passes that are thrown within catching distance. You put the tips of your thumbs and and forefingers together like your making a diamond and spread out your fingers, When the tip of the ball goes through the gap made by your hands the natural force of the ball will close your hands around it and stop it. Try it with your kids, they'll learn to catch extremely well extremely fast. The Diamond Tech is used for passes thrown above the waist, for lower passes you put the tips of your pinkies together and your hands in a "cradling position" I call it the cradling technique but I forgot what coach called it.
I taught my 10 year old nephew and the kid has been ripping up his little leagues since.