View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Senior Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I didn't see a thread regarding the 2012 Senior Bowl so I decided to make up where we can post notes and comment. I will be pulling my info primarily from draftcountdown.com but feel free to post relevant info from other sites.

http://draftcountdown.com/features/S...enior-Bowl.php

Here are some notes that caught my eye:
Cincinnati DT Derek Wolfe displayed impressive quickness off the snap and appeared to shock some of the opposing blockers with his burst. In 1-on-1 drills Wolfe even beat Mike Adams off the edge at one point and was the only player to get the best of Kevin Zeitler. Wolfe is also stronger than he looks.
Wolfe is the guy I've been watching the last few days (3 games so far.)

He checks in at 6'4-1/2 and 286 lbs.
Good length and hands.

NFLDraftscout projects him as a 5th-6th rounder but Scouts Inc. sees him as a 2nd-3rd.)
He plays mostly 34 DE and 43 DT but also lines up at NT from time to time.

Good college production.

He looks like a good fit for our scheme.
I'm still evaluating him, but a 4th round grade is probably the lowest I'd give him.
He would be of great value there, I think (at the moment.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote