View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012   #36
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?

How would you specifically build a team to counter this Texans group?

I'd say a 43 D with 2 massive bodies at DT, they'll crush the smaller OL/break up the line and won't be tempted to run side to side and get caught on backside cuts by the RB. 2 guys at end who really get after the QB (Freeney/Mathis...if they turn it around quick enough I'd say they already have those 2 guys) and a lot of zone/press coverage on the outside to counter the ball-control/short throw offense. LBs and S all swarm tackle the ball. Lots of bend but don't break behind a massive line that can't be moved to run on. That's my best guess.

On offense, attacking this Texans version of the 3/4 I'd just start praying. A lot.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote