View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Here is my inital mock draft this year.

1st Round - Alshon Jeffery 6-4 229 WR South Carolina Projected 1st rd, pick 15-30. I just have a feeling he will be there for us to take at 26. He will destroy single coverage unlike Walter and Jones. Starter from day 1. Depth Chart for WR would look like Johnson, Jeffery, Walter, Jean, Adams.

2nd Round - Chandler Jones 6-5 265 OLB Syracuse Projected 2nd rd. Watch this guys tape he reminds me of Aldon Smith. One of his brothers Jon is a MMA fighter and the other Arthur plays DE for the Ravens. I wonder how Wade would turn this guy loose. If we resign Mario and land this guy in the 2nd round we will have superior depth at OLB with Barwin and Reed.

3rd Round - Alameda Ta"amu 6-3 337 NT Washington Projected 3-4 rd. This guy is a beast! I watched him play I think he fits Wades system as a NT. He moves very well for his size and is disruptive if you just tell him to hit a gap. Not a very good 2 gap player at all but will be a good player to slant and run games with Cushing in the middle. Slide Mitchell to DE to back up Smith so this guy and Cody can rotate.

4th Round - Joe Adams 5-11 190 WR/PR Arkansas Projected 4-5 rd. I really love this guys ability as a PR and a 4th/5th WR and I think he will make JJ expendable sooner rather than later. He has 4.38 speed. If he checks out medically (he had a mild stroke but has played the last 2 year with no problems) he is a steal in this late in the draft.

5th Round - Russell Wilson 5-11 210 QB Wisconsin Projected 5-6 rd. Another guy that I think fits Kubiak system and will drop due to his height. Watch him play and you see that he can make all the throws, has + pocket presence, has and + boot game, and he is a leader. Reminds me of a more athletic young Drew Brees. He completed 72.8 percent of his passes for 3175 yards 33 TD and just 4 INT with a 191.8 passer rating. Will hold the clipboard as the 3rd string as TJ moves into the backup role and Lienart is released or traded after preseason. Also due to his speed he will give our defense better looks on the scout team in practice when we have to prepare for mobile quarterbacks.

6th Round - Taylor Thompson 6-6 287 DE SMU Projected rd 7-FA. Once again I think he fits as a rotational guy at DE behind Watt. He is more of a 1 gap DE in a 3-4. Former TE in HS. (You know we have to draft one)

7th Round. - Ryan Miller 6-8 312 OL Colorado Projected rd 6-7. You thought I forgot our Colorado conection did you? Here is the Kubiak special, he should do well in the zone scheme with his movement skills but needs to get alot stronger and should be on the PS for a couple of years to develop.

Let me know what you think. RT2

I like 1,4 and 5. I really like Wilson. He also reminds me of Brees but with better wheels. I think someone is going to get a late round gem with him.