View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012   #31
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The Titans and Jags have a similarly difficult schedule next year. I'd argue that theirs may be an even more difficult schedule...

We all play the NFC North: GB, Det, Minn, Chic.
We all play the AFC East: NE, NYJ, Buff, Miami

then,

Texans have: Baltimore and Denver
Titans have: Pittsburgh and Oakland
Jaguars have: Cincinnati and San Diego

Not to mention, they have to play us twice while we get to play them twice.
Yes, it will be a tougher schedule than 2011. With healthy #8 and healthy Wade(this is a key here), we should do well against top playoff teams. There will be many scenarios and situation to consider before we can predict # of wins. However, the way we played in 2011 showed me enough that the Texans can compete with any teams in the NFL.

A key to have successful season next year is to dominate within our division first. Now, there's is uncertainty in Indy that Manning may come back or may not. Just say, he comes back next year. Against Indy, Indy will have a hard time stopping our running game and with our improved D, I don't know if they can win a game against us. Jags is Jags. To me, Titans game hold a key for our success in 2012. They should have easier schedule than us and they may able to sneak into playoff picture.(remember, they did beat Ravens). This year, our record is 4-2 within our division however, the last game against Titans, we did not really try our best to win as it was a meaningless game. If #8 was healthy in 2011, we would more than likely be 6-0. When we come out our division with 5-1 or better in 2012, I see us in the playoffs again which I think possible with the talents we currently have. Now, this can all change with key injury and this is just based on injury free roster.

One major improvement I think we need is to address WR position. We need #2WR to complement AJ and should vastly help improve our already very talented O. There are some other needs like quality back ups for OG, ILB. Improve NT, CB position. However, legit #2WR can immediately take us further than this year IMO.

Dale, it takes a lot out of me when I write in English. I hope, I wrote my points of view clearly.

Go Texans!!!

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 01-22-2012 at 07:43 PM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote