Thread: Jason Allen
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jason Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I understand BUT my whole point is that you think the FO office is ready to turn the job over to KJ full time. If that was the case then why wouldnt he have gotten 2/4 or 3/4 of the plays in the most important game we have ever played. Instead Allen got more reps and was in the game when it was crunch time.
I'm saying I don't know if that is true or not. I didn't watch the game counting snaps.

If it's true, I still don't know what that means, but your assertion would definitely be on track.

For me, I'm looking at the whole season. & if the two grade close, even if Kj is slightly behind, his youth & potential makes him the easy choice. After 2 years in the league I still expect a player to improve dramatically over the next 4 years or so. After 6 years in the league, not so much. If they grade even or close my expectation is that Kj would be a much better player next year & the years following.

If however they feel that the game is too big for Kj, that he'll never get it, or that his progress over the next 4 years is going to be slow.... then he's gone.

If they feel he is not good enough to play that position 100% of the time, then he needs to go.... same holds true for Allen.

I'm not saying Kj or Allen would play the #2 position exclusively next season. If they feel good about Harris, he'll probably split time with one of them next year. If he's splitting time with McCain, that tells us where they think he is. If he can't get on the field in 2012, then we flat out missed on that pick.

In short, I don't think Kj split time with Allen because they thought he wasn't good enough. I don't think Allen split time with Kj because they thought he wasn't good enough. I feel & have always felt (& I've said as much) they both earned playing time at that position, so we did something that is very unconventional.

I think the Texans thought they had 3 starting corners + a nickel & they played all four of them. Both Allen & Kj did an excellent job on Bolden, the Ravens #1 WR...

If it were me, I'd keep Allen & trade McCain. Jjo, Kj, & Allen would be my starting CBs. If any one of the three get hurt, then I'd still feel good about bringing McCain or Harris off the bench. The Next Man up thing will continue.

If the Texans find a way to trade Kj... I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Some other team is going to get a nice CB, but I think Kj can & will be elite or on the next tier down. So I'd be asking for a lot in return.