Thread: Jason Allen
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jason Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If they had faith that Kareem and McCain could get it done then I don't think they bring in Carmichael(4th), Harris (traded for in the 2nd), Joseph (big FA signing)...

Maybe their perceptions have changed as these players have evolved under the new system though.
Totally agree here. It's obvious they didn't feel good with Kj, McCain, & Quin... we drafted/signed FA that changed our secondary completely.

But once Wade got deeper into the film, he started raving about McCain & continued after he saw him in training camp.

I also doubt they expected to bring Allen back, until there was more film study & training camp. Remember our biggest gripe about the 2011 offseason is that we didn't land a veteran CB to help our 1st round pick learned the game.

We brought Allen in halfway through the season & he proved not to be a good enough "veteran"

Jjo is our vet, we don't have reason for Allen. If he stays & I think he did stay in 2011, because they thought they could do something with him.

The 2011 season, in my mind says that McCain, Kj, & Allen have proved to be as good as they thought they would be & CB is much lower on their list of needs for 2012, because they over compensated in 2011. Why draft a high to mid round CB when we've got one on the roster (Harris). Why draft a mid to late round flyer when we've got one on the roster (Carmichael).... if like the 2011 season our starters played like crap & those guys couldn't get on the field as CBs.... like McMannis & Molden then I can see acquiring CBs this offseason.

But we've got bigger questions, bigger needs this offseason, that CB is & should be a low, low priority.