Thread: Jason Allen
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think the FO is ready to let Kj take a full load.

If not, then it's time to part ways.

Plus, we've got Brandon Harris. I think the only reason he didn't see the field, is because with Allen & Kj splitting time, we already had one too many CBs on the 53.
========================================

If they find some way to remove Kj from our team, then we can move McCain over to the #2, Get Brandon Harris on the field. If McMannis is not going to be a CB, we part ways with him, activate Charmichael, & let him Harris, & McCain split time at #2 & Nickel.

I'm with Ellis on this one...

I like how Kareem has progressed, but at this very moment I wouldnt feel comfortable with having him being the full time starter, letting Allen walk and only having McCain, Harris, Carmichael ect behind him...

Now, by the end of training camp next season I may feel different. And this isn't all based on my perception of Kjax...it has a lot to do with the depth behind him.

McCain is excellent in the slot on those crossing routes and trying to stick with guys making multiple moves to get open, but I still think he lacks the physicality and size to go up against some of the bigger receivers he'd see on the outside on an every down basis.

They drafted Harris for a reason. They then went out and signed Joseph for a reason. It was to improve the crop of talent back there.

If they had faith that Kareem and McCain could get it done then I don't think they bring in Carmichael(4th), Harris (traded for in the 2nd), Joseph (big FA signing)...

Maybe their perceptions have changed as these players have evolved under the new system though.

It will definitely be one of the things I am interested in watching this off-season. Corner back depth and talent is very important. Especially in todays NFL.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote